Cisco ASA Firewall Fundamentals - 3rd Edition: Step-By-Step Practical Configuration Guide Using the CLI for ASA v8.x and v9.x
This book has been available only in eBook format for several years and has been embraced by thousands of Cisco ASA professionals, from beginners to experts. This new edition, 'Cisco ASA Firewall Fundamentals - 3rd Edition' is now offered to you in Pdf format as well.
The new 3rd Edition has been enhanced and updated to cover the latest Cisco ASA version 9.x (and previous versions 8.x as well). All configurations, commands and examples in the book are applicable for all ASA 5500 and 5500-X devices and will work on ASA version 9.x.
This book is loaded with raw practical concepts, step-by-step configuration tutorials, and more than 50 network diagrams to explain the scenarios. It also includes complete configuration examples and real-world cases that you will not find anywhere else. There is no fluff or redundant information.
Topics covered in this book include the core ASA firewall features as well as the most frequently-encountered scenarios that you will find in real world networks. The book is written by network security expert Harris Andrea, a Cisco Certified professional with more than 18 years of ASA experience, and focuses on simplicity and practicality instead of complex theory.
Some of the topics covered include the following:
- Getting Started with Cisco ASA Firewalls (User Interface, Access Modes, Software updates, password recovery etc).
- Basic Firewall Configuration (Basic Configuration Steps).
- Configuring Network Address Translation (NAT) for pre-8.3 and post-8.3 versions.
- Configuring DMZ Networks.
- Configuring and Using Access Control Lists (ACLs).
- Configuring VLANs and Subinterfaces.
- Configuration of Threat Detection (Basic, Advanced, and Scanning Threat Detection).
- IKEv1 and IKEv2 IPSEc VPNs (site-to-site VPN, Remote Access VPN etc).
- Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client (SSL VPN, IKEv2 VPN, Certificate Authentication etc).
- Configuring Active/Standby Stateful Failover.
- Advanced Features of Device Configuration.
- Authentication Authorization and Accounting (AAA) Configuration.
- Configuration of Identity Firewall.
- Configuring Routing Protocols on ASA (Static Routes, RIP, OSPFv2, OSPFv3, EIGRP).
- Modular Policy Framework Configuration (Class Maps, Policy Maps etc).
- Configuring Quality of Service (QoS)-Traffic Policing, Shaping, Voice Priority Queueing etc.
- Cisco ASA 5505.
- PLUS MUCH MORE
For ASA5500-X models, the book does not cover Next Generation Firewall features such as ASA CX, Cloud Web Security or Web Security Essentials. However, all the content included in the book will work on 5500-X models.
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text:|
Shooting: A Poem: Comprising a General Description of Field Sports, Dependant On the Gun ... Game: Their Respective Histories, Haunts, and Habits. ... Far As They Affect the Shooter, Briefly Cons
Klassische Duette für Bratsche und Violoncello: Bratsche für Anfänger. Mit Musik von Bach, Beethoven, Mozart und anderen Komponisten
The Automatic Letter Writer: More And Better Letters At Less Cost - How To Organize Your Correspondence - Tested Standard Paragraphs And From Letters ... Sales, Handling Orders, Adjusting Complaints
A dictionary, English and Hindoostanee, in which the words are marked with their distinguishing initials: as Hinduwee, Arabic, and Persian. Whence the ... Gilchrist. In two parts. ... Volume 2 of 2